Sunday, July 21, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
|I don't know who gave him these, since the many children present conspired to open gifts haphazardly, but they were a HUGE hit - and good for use as a parenting tool, too.|
|This was a very large and unguarded pit next to the playground. It was fascinating to children of all ages.|
Here are some important pieces of information about Atticus at six:
- He loves building and creating things. He spent two hours recently making his own golf clubs out of duct tape.
- Digging in the backyard can still keep him busy for hours on end.
- Atticus is such a good big brother. Truly, he has exceeded my highest expectations about how he would handle having new siblings. He takes his job very seriously and is awesome with Tegegn and Tiruye.
- He is enormously curious about the world and how it works. He asks really hard questions.
- He still likes to snuggle and cuddle, and be hugged. My heart is going to break when he doesn't want those things anymore.
- He's lost four teeth in the last year. I'm starting to worry that his top teeth might never grown in completely, but I think it's cute.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
This little guy's smile lights up a room. Oh, how we love our Tegegn!
When the director of our adoption agency called to give us our referral in July of 2011, I managed to hold my emotions in-check until she told us Tegegn's birthday. He shares it with my late grandfather with whom I was very close and it felt like one of those magical adoption coincidences to be matched with a son who was born on the same day as my grandpa.
Here are some facts about Tegegn at the awesome age of three:
- He makes us look like fabulous parents. This kid is almost always happy. He loves to go places and generally behaves beautifully while he's there. Any outing is an exciting one as far as Tegegn is concerned!
- Tegegn's version of a temper tantrum is to sink silently down onto his stomach and raise his head to glare at you accusingly every few seconds. This repeats for about a minute and then he gets up and moves on with his happy life.
- He has a happy bounce when he walks.
- He loves giving kisses and hugs.
- Trucks, his bicycle, and babydolls are his favorite toys. He also really likes putting on fancy dresses and twirling.
- Tegegn is not prone to mischief, but on the rare occasions that he gets into things, he goes big. Cases in point: drawing all over our kitchen floor with red Sharpie the day before we were having an open house to sell it and using his frozen Go-Gurt to scribble on all seven of our kitchen windows in the time it took me to run upstairs for a couple of minutes. He was very proud of himself both times. Full-fat Greek yogurt is very difficult to thoroughly clean off of glass.
- He really likes vegetables and is the only child I know who loves hot sauce and requests it on his food.
- Did I mention how loving he is? Those of us in his inner-circle are showered with love and affection.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Sunday, April 7, 2013
This week we celebrated Tegegn and Tiruye's first Family Day. The bottom three pictures above are from the airport last year on 4/3/12. They have flourished and we're so grateful to have them in our family.