Thursday, April 19, 2012

We Did It!

I fully realize that somewhere out there another blogging mother is posting about taking her twelve to an antique china store during which time they all behaved beautifully. I tip my hat to that lady. However, it felt like a minor triumph today to take all four of my children to meet my dad for lunch at the farmer's market (our first foray to a restaurant with Tegegn and Tiruye) and to then go to the zoo with them by myself. It was epic. Despite his fear of dogs, ducks, baby dolls, and Zhu-Zhu Pets, Tegegn actually fared quite well. I'd warned Atticus and Norah that we might have to leave if Tegen was too scared, but the only animal that caused true alarm was the alpacas. He was interested in everything else and quickly started mimicking the school of icky carp that gasp for air as they're being fed.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Awww, man! You are killin' me with these adorable photos. Please keep them coming!

Kim said...

Personally I think this is worthy of a trophy. I feel proud of myself everytime I take my 2 kids somewhere so my hat is tipped to you right now. (Besides if you have 12 kids, the older ones watch the younger ones, right?) 4 kids under 5 has to be harder than anything...except maybe 5 kids under 5. :) I'm so happy to see the Drake clan thriving. I'm so happy for all of you.

Eileen said...

You are amazing. I WISH I had the courage to do something like that! One screaming, strong willed nearly 3 year old in a store is enough to make me scream, so you go girl. So inspiring! And, it goes without saying, your babies are gorgeous. Congratulations:)