Monday, January 9, 2012

Atticus Educates His Gymnastics Class

Today was the first day of a new session of gymnastics and the teacher was leading the children in introductions.

Girl #1: I'm Jane. I'm four!
Girl #2: I'm Mary and I'm four.
Atticus: I'm Atticus and I'm four.
Norah: I'm four, too!
Atticus: (to the instructor, class, and all the parents) But I'm older. Because I came out of my Ethiopian mommy's uterus first. Norah came out of her mommy's uterus after I did. Because I started growing in my mommy's uterus first from the special hug and then Norah started growing in her mommy's uterus later. But we were in our mommies' uteruses for the same amount of time. I just came out first, so I'm older.
Teacher: That happens. Thank you, Atticus.

3 comments:

CSerge said...

:-O That is quite a mouthful, or a brainful, for a four year old.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that laugh.

Darcy said...

I love this!