Thursday, August 11, 2011

Whine, Whine, Whine

It's been a stunningly craptacular week in adoption news. I've attempted several times to sort out the facts and compose some sort of concise summary. Frankly though, I'm just a little bit too mentally exhausted.

We weren't submitted to court before it closed last week which means that we may have to wait until mid-October to be submitted and then have no idea when we'll actually be assigned a court date. Additionally, there's all sorts of drama happening behind the scenes in the adoption world that I don't feel at liberty to write about and our adoption agency hasn't exactly been rushing to our aid to hold our hands while providing the red wine and crunchy chips. Suffice it to say that I won't stop being anxious about this adoption until our new little ones are home snug in their beds. Many days it feels as though we're on one of those cartoon bridges that is crumbling as the main characters try to make it to the other side. I believe that increasing the scrutiny of adoptions and orphanages in Ethiopia is an overall good thing, but I selfishly hope that our babies can make it home before any additional calamities strike.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh, man. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. What a tough spot to be in! I will keep hoping that something changes and your newest little ones are home with you SOON!