Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Referral!!!!!!

We know who our new children are! We are delighted to announce that we will be adding TWO more children to our family. We have a young toddler son and a young toddler daughter waiting for us in Ethiopia!

On Friday evening, Paul and I were in LaGuardia Airport being ushered through security at one of the smaller terminals. As I put my purse into one of the x-ray bins, my cellphone started to ring and I glanced at it and noticed as it was heading into the x-ray machine that it was our adoption agency. Panic ensued as I told Paul who it was and tried to decide whether to answer it. By that time, my belongings, including the phone, were already in the machine. We went through the human scanner and Paul got pulled aside to be frisked. It took forever and I was frankly freaking out. Meanwhile, I checked my voicemail and it was empty. Paul dug around in his bag for his phone (which was off), turned it on, and he didn't have a message either. We debated whether to call the agency. Paul wanted to wait but relented when he saw the look in my eye that roughly translated to "Your wife will explode if you try to prevent her from calling the agency Right Now." I got to call.

To give you an idea of ambiance, there were about three thousand people sitting around this hot, stuffy, enormously loud terminal. We were supposed to be making our connecting flight momentarily. However, the adoption coordinator confirmed that this was indeed The Call. She could tell us about our new children. I'm sure all the bystanders in the terminal wondered why I was pacing around the room shaking and shrieking. That area of the airport doesn't have free wireless internet, so Paul immediately started the process of purchasing a subscription on his iPad so that we could see their pictures. The photo above is of Paul looking at their paperwork while calling his mom to tell her the news.

They are both darling. Our new little guy is already looking like a serious little man and is so, so cute. Our new baby girl is a chubby peanut with the most squeezable looking little cheeks. We're completely enamored.

12 comments:

Christina said...

Wahooo!!!! We are SO EXCITED for all six of you, and cannot wait to meet the new littles. Happy day!!!

Jane said...

Yes, Yes, YES!!! I am so glad your wait is over!! The story of your referral is hilarious and I'm sure a moment you'll both never forget! Can't wait to meet them!

The Running Mama said...

Congratulations!!!

The Running Mama said...

Congratulations!!!

Darcy said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!!

Mama Papaya said...

So very, very happy for your happy. Happiness!

Ann said...

Congratulations on your new children! How exciting!

Sean and Jaime said...

Congratulations!!! We are finally leaving on Friday to pick up our two kids. Hope the rest of the process is quick and smooth!
Sean

Ed said...

Congratulations on your two new children, how very excited you both must be.

Ed said...

We are both very happy for all of you - congratulations again.

Kristin said...

Wahooooo! I am so happy for you, and can't wait to learn more about how all of your lives will change. Congratulations!!

John and Jenna Gensic said...

Awesome. 4 kids in one house, that'll be tons of fun.