Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blabberaski

It was roughly a million degrees here at the lake today and everyone felt like napping except for Atticus and Norah. I finally decided to put them in the car and drive to get ice cream. Of course, by the time we got to the Wind Chill, Atticus was sound asleep. Norah and I picnicked on a bench next to the running car so that he could keep sleeping and then he slept until we were pulling around the curve to Camp. As soon as he woke up, Norah started yelling, "Guess what Ahdy! We ate ice cream but it's all gone! You were sleeping and Mama and Norah ate all the ice cream. There's no ice cream for you!"

My mom very nicely found a popsicle in the freezer for Atticus, but then Norah had a tantrum because she wasn't given a popsicle. Apparently, it didn't seem fair to her.

I heard from Paul briefly this morning. He is still in Gulu and enjoying his experience.

2 comments:

shell said...

so glad you finally got to talk to paul! i am enjoying hearing your day to day-amazing all the things you forget when you don't write them down. you will appreciate this later! :)

Kim said...

Yes, I think it's time you came to visit. I can't promise that throwing my 2 year old into the mix will make it any less stressful, but at least we'll have each other. :)