Saturday, February 27, 2010

Special People



This is a weekend with much to celebrate; Paul's mom is having a birthday, my parents are celebrating their anniversary, and for the first time in ages everyone in our house appears to be healthy (knock on wood).

Paul and I didn't plan to stay in our hometown to raise our family. We had grand plans to get the heck out of Dodge, but I'm so thankful now that we didn't. Atticus and Norah's lives are made so much richer by the relationship they have with their grandparents and great-grandparent. I know this would be possible if we lived far away - I grew up 700 miles from my grandparents and they were very important people in my life - but being able to see them regularly is so wonderful. I feel blessed that my children have four additional adults in their lives who love them deeply and are able to spend time with them.

2 comments:

Ed said...

What nice pictures...yes it is so nice that the kids have their grandparents and great grandparent around to "play" with them. Sometimes I am not sure who is playing with whom....

shell said...

this makes me wish my family was here!!!!!