Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Can't Believe I'm about to Link to Dr. Phil

I loathe the man - truly I do. Today's episode was playing on TV when I was at the gym today, however, and I ended up in a sniffling away to it while on the elliptical trainer. Entitled "How Do You Define a Modern Family", it featured two mothers who have adopted transracially. One of them was seeking advice about how to handle intrusive and rude questions that she gets about adoption when she's out with her daughter. I didn't learn anything from his list of cross-cultural adoption dos and don'ts (because they were all things I'd heard before and long ago absorbed), but it warmed my heart to think that a wide audience across America was seeing these families profiled and hearing about what they shouldn't be saying.

No comments: