Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Tonight about half an hour after the kids "went to sleep" I heard a noise that sounded suspiciously similar to the one our bed makes when you jump on it. It continued as I slowly climbed the stairs and spotted a small blur crossing from our bedroom back to Atticus's room. As I arrived in his doorway, Atticus was settling deep into bed with an innocent, "Hi Mama!" Sadly, it was at this point that he realized his beloved Bear was no longer in bed with him. A search of my bedroom failed to turn it up, as did a look around the upstairs bathroom. It seems Bear must have gotten out of bed all by himself, wandered into our office, and emptied the desk drawers before going to sleep underneath the chair. In the words of Atticus himself: "Silly Bear!"
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
When Norah hugged me goodnight she patted me on the back and clearly said, "Night-night pumpkin."
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Happy Birthday Norah! You have brought so much light into our lives and you're everything we ever hoped for in a daughter.
The following clip contains the poem "Blueberry Girl" by Neil Gaiman. It's one that has special meaning to Paul and describes so many of our wishes for Norah.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I don't know why this video is so fuzzy. Featured is a snapshot of Atticus and Norah jumping in Atticus's crib this morning. Exciting highlights include discovering that a stuffed monkey has fallen behind the bed and Atticus deciding that he doesn't want Norah to invade his space anymore.
Monday, August 3, 2009
We visited two different parks today. At the first one, we ran into some friends. For the first time, Atticus got involved in a project with older kids. They were quite intent on building a big pile of rocks using their shoes and helmets as shovels. At the second park, he tried to join in a game of chase with some older boys. I'm not sure he understood the rules, but he was very enthusiastic about running after them. My baby is getting so mature!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
- The kids climbed into the race car on the front of our shopping cart at the grocery store all by themselves and then Atticus screamed because I forgot to buckle his seat belt.
- Norah has invented a new game where she jumps from one side of her crib to the other while counting to herself, "One, two, three, GO!" She didn't want to get out of bed after her nap because she was having so much fun.
- Atticus opened the bathroom door by himself, climbed on top of the toilet to get down a roll of toilet paper, and threw it in the toilet all in the time it took for me and Norah to climb the stairs.
- We took our goldfish Margaret to live in a pond today and both kids keep talking about the fish going bye-bye.
- I let them watch this YouTube video while I was cleaning up after dinner and they were both breathless from laughing so hard.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
It turned out that the entire dead tree was full of very live hornets! The poor tree men!