- Every night at bedtime, Atticus lies down on Norah's bed and pretends to fall asleep. This prompts a total meltdown from her ("Rah-Rah's bed! Rah-Rah's bed! No Ahdie! No!") and then he giggles and gets up.
- Norah loves her big girl bed and often asks to go to bed. It's a good thing her bed is just a mattress on the floor, however, because we often find her in the morning with her body on the floor and her head on the bed.
- They hold hands when they go down the stairs in the morning and on their way into daycare.
- We went to a party for my grandma's 90th birthday on Wednesday. Happy birthday Grandma! (Hopefully my mom or uncle will email me some pictures soon to post.)
- Atticus and Norah lasted for a record two hours in the restaurant! Of course, this involved lots of books, crayons, playdough, paintbrushes, distracting walks around the parking lot, transfers of seats, and the license to put spaghetti in their water glasses, but we still managed to go two hours without screaming or food throwing which Paul and I thought was pretty great.
- Yesterday we drove past the restaurant where the party was held and Norah wanted to go back. "Oh no! Oh no! GiGi's party! Balloons!"
- This morning I awoke to the sound of Atticus (loudly) planning out his day. "Att-cus go outside. Att-cus go zoo. Animals. GiGi's party. Birthday party. Att-cus go BeeBe's house! Play choo-choos!" We'll see what we can do.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Immediately after my last post, we had a week of family and daycare illnesses. It's taken us a while to get back in the swing of things, so I've put off posting. Here are some of the exciting things going on around here: