Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hair Question



Doesn't Norah have fabulous hair? It's getting so long and I love the way it looks in a headband (which she'll only wear if we distract her long enough to forget that we've put it on her head). I'm looking for suggestions for products that will help us keep her curls defined. She has millions of spirals that are naturally about the width of a pencil. Straight out of the bath they're very distinct as long as we comb her hair before the last rinse and then leave it alone to dry. As the day progresses, however, the curls tend to frizz out and get tangled. They also get compacted when she's in the carseat, bed, or stroller. This might be her hair's natural tendency, but I think it has more to do with something I'm doing wrong. We generally keep her hair braided or in poofs because she hates having her hair combed and it gets far more tangled when it's loose.
So... does anybody out there have experience with similar hair and suggestions for products that might work better. Currently we're using Carol's Daughter rosemary mint shampoo, black vanilla hair smoothie, and hair butter. When I put her hair up in braids, we use loc butter and I mist the kids every day or so with a mixture of coconut oil and water. This regimen seems to work well for keeping their hair healthy, but Norah's hair tends to frizz out of the braids more than most girl's hair. Should I be doing something else?

5 comments:

shell said...

i have no advice but she does have great hair! :) hope you are doing well!

Kristin said...

Alas, I have no advice either. But just wanted to again tell you how gorgeous your kids are, and add that they are getting so grown up looking! It must be so fun watching them develop into their own little people.

Brenna said...

Beautiful kids! She does have great hair, and it looks very much like I expect my little one's to look as it grows out. We use Taliah Waajid Bodifying Mist and Blended Cutie's Jelly Cream to help keep curls soft, shiny and defined.

Anonymous said...

I am bi-racial and have lots and lots of curls that I wear natural. Mixed Chicks products work for me...

roadtoethiopia said...

I use the Mixed Chicks products on myself and they work well for me but I'm Caucasian with only mildly curly hair. Their products do seem to work on a variety of hair textures so it might be worth checking out. It is the leave in conditioner that is really the styling product. Another site you might want to check out is www.tightlycurly.com/technique/curlyprimer Good luck! She has gorgeous curls!
-Alisha