Sunday, July 19, 2009

And Then I Cried...

Do you notice anything different about Atticus?

ETA: We decided to cut his hair. I love the way locs look on him, but they were high-maintenance and he doesn't care how his hair looks at this point. There were some rookie mistakes I made that I will change if/when we put his hair back into locs. I will start with smaller locs and interloc them from the very beginning instead of starting with two-strand twists. I switched over to this method a couple of months ago and it kept the locs in place much better. His hair has thickened up a lot since I started the locs in January and that was creating some general messiness that I wasn't pleased with (the insecure-adoptive-parent-doing hair paranoia again). Overall, the dreadlocs were a fun look and we'll definitely do them again sometime. It just seemed like a good time to make a change.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Wait, confused...did he do it on his own, or did you mean to do it?! Either way, sadness :(, but I'm sure he looks great! I will probably bawl like a baby if/when Dinkeneh's hair is ever cut.

John and Jenna Gensic said...

Make sure you have him read this post in about 15 years. He would probably appreciate thinking so much about these decisions.