Monday, February 16, 2009

Oh, Fiddlesticks (Or Something Stronger)











It started out as a nice, quiet President's Day. We got up, drank some coffee, and got the kids ready for their pediatrician's appointment (conveniently scheduled so we wouldn't have to take time off work). Then Paul went out to put some things in the car...
Apparently, someone rear-ended our Matrix last night and caused it to ram into our Corolla. Yes, those are both our cars in the pictures. Our State Farm agent is checking to see whether our deductible is $500 per car or $500 per accident. Joy.
The good news is that all of us are fine, nobody was in the cars, and we have the entire day to coordinate insurance and tow trucks and rental cars. We're okay. They're just things. It's just money. The bad news is...well, obviously both of our cars are out of commission and we're not sure yet whether they're totalled.
So, that's how our holiday is going. The kids are now napping and Paul and I are each drinking a beer.

6 comments:

Ed said...

Ouch...sorry about your cars, but glad that no one was hurt. What a way to start the day...hope they locate and arrest whoever did this terrible thing...

Christina said...

Wow. I mean, that. just. sucks. I'm so glad no one was in any of the vehicles! Hopefully the deductible will be per accident. Let me know if we can help out with rides or anything.

Blanca said...

Hello. My name is Blanca and I com from Spain. Sorry for my bad written. My husband and me travel soon to Addis to meet our second adoptive child. I think about New Flower Guest House to stay.I have read that you have sateyed there. Please, Could you explain me what you think about that guest house? Thanks a lot. Blanca (blanca@gmx.li)

Life in the Bend said...

Hi Blanca,
We liked the New Flower Guest House very much. The price was quite reasonable, the staff was very nice and helpful, and it was nice to be around other families who were adopting.

Best of luck meeting your new child. What an exciting adventure!

Blanca said...

Thanks a lot. It is our second adoption. We fly next week! Blanca

shell said...

i am sorry about your cars!!!!! how crazy that BOTH got hit!
we just looked at a house thursday around the corner from you guys-we just have to get this one sold and we may live close enough to meet at the park!