Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The next time I think our house would be cleaner if I stayed home full-time, would someone please slap me on the back of the head? Being on vacation is wonderful, but having two toddlers around means it's not anymore feasible to fold laundry, unload the dishwasher or complete household tasks than it is when I'm at work. I need to remember that and let myself off the hook a little.

Aside from the Sisyphean nature of housework, things are going well. The sun was shining today and we were actually able to take a walk! Heaven!

Atticus has begun to use a few two word phrases like "Where's Bapa?" and "more milk". Tonight he paged back through a book we'd read and spontaneously pronounced the subject of each page (including "teacher")!

Norah learned how to give hugs a while ago and now adds her own sound effect when delivering a hug: "Awww!" I wonder where she learned that? Sometimes if Atticus isn't receptive to her hugs, she'll grab him by his shirt and pull him toward herself.

The kids received a new baby-doll for Christmas and spent a long time today nurturing her and their other doll. It was adorable to see them giving their dolls hugs and feeding them bottles. (As a side note: Doesn't it seem like a bad idea to make a doll that performs when you abuse it? This new baby sneezes when you put your weight on her nose and laughs when you press hard on her chest. Atticus and Norah love it, but it makes me wonder how they might treat a baby now!)

No comments: