Sunday, September 14, 2008

Would You Believe She's Walking on the Wall?

Norah woke up from her nap yesterday afternoon and knew how to walk! She'd been taking a few steps at a time for a while, but suddenly she seemed to grasp the whole concept and is walking everywhere. All of my videos from yesterday are sideways. I don't know why I never remember to keep the camera horizontal.

Atticus is impressed with Norah's skills. He ran to the kitchen and proceeded to give her a full-monologue about what she'll be able to do now. The entire speech consisted of "das" and "dats' and "dos", so we don't really know what he was telling her. She seemed to understand though. He also spent a good chunk of yesterday scavaging the floors for those little helicopters that fall off trees and bringing them to Paul.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Go Norah Go! When I picked up D on Thursday, Norah walked from the play house to the gate next to the sliding doors (about five steps). I was so surprised - I hadn't realized she was letting go of things yet! Hopefully she can share some walking tips with D :)

Dave and Rae said...

That is soooo cool!

As a fellow adoptive parent, I thought to write and tell you about the new guest home in Ethiopia specifically for adoptive parents and volunteer groups for the benefit of orphans in Ethiopia. Now that it is up and running, we would love to share the vision with other adoptive parents. You can see more at http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com.

If you would like to post a link, send me an email at dave@ethiopiaguesthome.com and I’ll forward you the information.

Blessings,

Dave McIlrath, MA
Orphan Advocate
Ethiopia Guest Home
More Than a Place to Stay
http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com