Monday, September 8, 2008

R.I.P. Number Three

I came home this afternoon to find that one of our goldfish, Number Three, had passed on to the great aquarium in the sky. We bought the fish a couple of months before getting married to keep Paul company - so they've been with us for almost five years now. Number Three leaves behind his faithful companion Margaret and was preceded in death by our bottom feeder fish Paris Hilton. Together, Margaret and Number Three survived several moves and a criminal amount of neglect after the arrival of the dog and children. I can't help but think that his death may have occurred because I actually cleaned their tank yesterday. I think I will leave him until Paul gets home because dead fish are yucky and I think he's too big to flush down the toilet.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

"bottom feeder fish Paris Hilton"

Snort!

Ed said...

We are so sorry about your loss...

Lonnie said...

Sorry to hear it :(

Christie said...

Oh dear, oh dear. I'm terribly sorry about the poor fish.

(meanwhile, the babies are spectacular!)

hug,
cb