Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lopez Lomong

Did anyone see this morning's story about Lopez Lomong on The Today Show? He was one of the Lost Boys from Sudan who was separated from his family and lived for 10 years in a refugee camp in Kenya. As a young teenager he was brought to the Syracuse area by American foster parents and he is now hoping to represent the USA running in the Beijing Olympics. It's an amazing story, but I can't find a link to it online. Here is an article about him from The New York Times.

We've been lying low around here. I woke up yesterday morning with strep throat. After starting antibiotics last night my throat is a lot better, but the new antibiotic I took made blisters erupt on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. It's definitely not too fun and I'm bummed because I really feel like taking the kids to the park but don't think I should with my sore feet.

On the bright side, tomorrow is the start of a three-day weekend! I'm hoping we will finally have a chance to introduce Norah and Atticus to the beach for the first time!

No comments: