Thursday, July 31, 2008

Atticus can now touch his nose on command!

It's been really hot and dry here. Some days we await Paul's return from work by sitting out front eating Popsicles. Norah figured the whole system out right away and is happy to hold her Popsicle by its stick. Atticus is still working on it.
Before becoming a parent I thought I could influence my kids' reading choices. I was sure my own favorite books would become theirs as well. It's been fascinating to see them develop their own preferences even at this young age. Norah is enamored by Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (personally, I think the plot is a little flat). Atticus has asked us to read Moo, Baa, La La La so many times we know the words by heart.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Moo, Baa is a favorite at our house too! I also know Hippos Go Bezerk, Good Night Moon, and The Going to Bed Book backwards and forwards.

obie119 said...

Such beautiful and happy children!
-Obie