Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's been a busy week for us. My last day of school was on Friday. It felt so weird to just hand in my keys and walk out the door. I've learned so much in the last four years and I'm going to miss my coworkers and students.

For the first time since I was sixteen, I don't have any work lined up for the summer (aside, of course, from answering to my two new bosses Norah and Atticus). I can't wait. I'm looking for a new job for the fall. The school system around here is notorious for waiting until after the school year begins to hire new teachers; I hope I don't have to wait that long since I don't do terribly well with uncertainty.

Yesterday my mom and I took the kids to the farmers market where they were having an adopt-a-pet day. It's funny how having two infants has completely killed my urge to add another puppy to our home. Stella earns her keep cleaning up underneath the highchairs and sleeping outside the kids' bedroom door at night. However, between the shedding and the early summer mud she constantly tracks in, we have more than enough dog to keep me satisfied these days.

In the afternoon, we went to a public toddler pool. It has tons of slides and other frills and never gets deeper than 21 inches. Yesterday there were 5 lifeguards, 5 parents, and 4 children there, so we felt like our kids were pretty safe. We had to take frequent breaks from the water because it was cold but Atticus kept toddling back over. At one point, I decided to see if he would stop at the edge, but instead he started to just step right into the "deep" end. Norah enjoyed going down the water slide with Paul and we all came home nice and tired!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh man, a public toddler pool sounds fantastic! I wish we had such a thing.

Congratulations on finishing up the school year and moving on to a new chapter in your life.

shell said...

That pool sounds awesome!! Where is it at!?!