Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Employable After All!

I was offered a new teaching job this morning! My new school is the medical magnet high school for this district and serves a student demographic similar to my former school. I'll be teaching four periods of English 9 Honors and one period of English 10. For those of you who are wondering, this means I'll have 10 classes per week to plan. At my last school I had 27 different classes per week. I'll also have 50 minutes more of prep time each week and the health insurance family deductible is $200 versus the $2000 I've had this year (not convenient with all the adoption-related medical expenses). I loved my former school, but this new opportunity is really exciting!

10 comments:

Ed said...

Congratulations...we are so happy for you...loved your pool story from the weekend.
Love,
Uncle Eddie & Aunt Donna

hipgradmom said...

Congrats Betsy, that's awesome! How do you feel about teaching high schoolers? Do you get to design your own curriculum, or is it set already?

John Gensic said...

Congratulations, I was sitting at the desk at St. Adalbert when someone from SBCSC called and asked for Betsy. I told him to reach you on your home phone or cell phone. I wanted to ask him then if you got the job. Ever since, I was wondering if it was going to be a good phone call or a bad phone call. It sounds like it was good. Once again, Congratulations!

Andrea Turpin said...

Mabrouk, sweetie! Congrats!

LilySea said...

That's wonderful news! Teaching at the high school level is soooooo much work. I am really impressed.

lindsay said...

Many congratulations!!!

paige said...

Congratulations! This sounds like a fabulous situation!

shell said...

Congrats!!!

Christina said...

Congratulations Betsy!

LibraryHungry said...

Congratulations! That's so wonderful. Even if it wasn't such an amazingly great job, it's such a good feeling to be chosen. Good for you!

-(you know me as)gideonfrog