Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Babies' First Primary



We took a lovely walk this morning to vote. Our polling station was busier than it was at the last election. There is another station two doors down from our house (yet the one where we're assigned to vote is about a mile away) and it appears to have a steady stream of voters today. It's encouraging!


I tried to take a picture of the kids holding my ballot, but Norah kept trying to eat it. As you can see, voting exhausted them. I thought the T-shirt below from The Onion's website was appropriate. I wonder how I'd feel if my parents had a picture of me next to a Reagan sign (EDITED TO ADD: My mom wants to make sure everyone knows they didn't vote for Reagan).



When we returned home, they tried feeding themselves cottage cheese for the first time. It was a hit!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.Happy to see you are introducing the kids to voting.
2. You should have NO worries that your parents would have put you next to a Reagan sign wearing that T-shirt.
3. Glad to see you're still dressing Atticus a la Ethiopia colors.
4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures with the cottage cheese.

love,
Mom

Ed said...

They look like they loved eating the cottage cheese. They look like they really enjoy the voting experience - they look like some of the voters when they go in, undecided and not sure who they voted for. Enjoy the nice day and the walks with the kids.
Love,
Uncle Eddie

Alexandra said...

We have pictures of Katrina's first introduction to the democratic process too - I think it is a staple!

Paul said...

In the 3rd picture it looks like our kids are listening to a Ralph Nader speech. Zing!