Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ouch!

This will have to be short because I can't use my right arm right now. The good news is that I don't feel sick from my travel shots (I was worried about that). The bad news: My right arm (which received typhoid and yellow fever immunizations) feels like it might be paralyzed for good. I was okay for the first couple of hours but now it really hurts. This must be what it feels like to get a gunshot wound to the bicep. I called Paul to see if I'm just being overly dramatic, but he concurs with me. His left arm (polio, tetanus, Hep A & B, MMR) doesn't hurt, but he says his right arm is killing him.

P.S. If you're like us and your insurance won't pay for vaccines related to travel or adoption (because, you know, it would be so much less for them to pay for treatment of yellow fever or typhoid), you might want to check out your local health department. We saved about 60% by going this route instead of having it done through our doctor.

2 comments:

chou-chou said...

ouch is right. my arm was sore, but not that bad - but I do remember that I didn't sleep well that night because I usually sleep on that side and it hurt my arm when I rolled over on that side.

Don't worry - it goes away pretty quickly.

Tanya & Ramsey said...

Awww.. Gee thanks.. I go Monday to start all my shots.. Now Im scared.. LOL...

Tanya