Sunday, January 13, 2008

Like Standing in a Tube of Toothpaste

I painted our spare bedroom today. When we moved in, this room and the nursery were both painted baby-poop brown. I think the seller was trying to be very chic and Pottery Barn-esque, but he failed miserably. I thought anything would be better than the shades he chose.

You know the decorating rule of thumb that says a color will always look darker once it's on the walls? I should have listened to that. It's not horrible, and it is better than the brown, but it's a lot more intense than I anticipated.

























5 comments:

chou-chou said...

I don't think it looks like toothpaste at all!

kind of looks like Tiffany blue - one of my favorite colors. :-)

Christina said...

Yeah - I actually think it's super-cute. I'm kinda wishing I chose that color for our nursery. Not that Chris will let me repaint now ;). What color is it?

Anonymous said...

I love this color! I think it looks great; it reminds of my favorite ocean color. Zoe

Ann said...

I like it too! It also reminds me of Tiffany blue.

Nutmeg said...

More like in a canister of Comet...just kidding! I love the color. Very bright and cheerful, just like you! I've been saying prayers for you guys. I am so excited for you.