Thursday, December 13, 2007

Why I Haven't Been Posting as Much

I don't know. I think I've just been busy and I haven't felt very inspired to write. We're still waiting for our court date (on Monday! 12/17!). Someone on my adoption board had her court date today and it didn't go through because the judge wanted to see some more paperwork. I'm going to be seriously bummed if that happens to us. Perhaps the reason I haven't been posting as much is just that there are only two topics that spring to mind: 1.) I Want My Babies to Come Home! 2.) Oh My Gosh! I Am Not Ready To Become a Parent! Happily the former emotion dominates nearly 90% of the time, so please keep your fingers crossed on Monday. They should be able to tell us later next week when we'll be traveling.

Other tidbits of non-interesting news:
  • We finished painting the nursery on Sunday night. It's yellow. I'll post pictures soon.
  • I singed myself on our heater unexpectedly last weekend and got a silver-dollar sized second degree burn on my wrist. It's really ugly and my students keep asking if it's a hickey.
  • We're planning to attend three Christmas parties in the next three nights (Yippee!).
  • Yesterday was Our Lady of Guadalupe Day (I'm sure there's a more official term) which is one of my favorite days at our school, but we had Mass then instead of the normal Friday and so today I felt like I was at work on a Saturday. That was a downer.
  • The teachers at school are throwing me a small baby shower next Wednesday!
  • I need to stop typing and hop in the shower or my entire schedule for tonight will be blown.

No comments: