Thursday, December 20, 2007

Why the Girls Were So Psyched about Health Class

The middle school girls were so excited for this afternoon's health class to begin. I couldn't understand why; they'd asked about the topic of class earlier in the day and I'd told them we'd be discussing first aid. We've had lessons on it in the past with little fanfare.

Two o'clock rolled around and the girls came bouncing into my classroom completely pumped to talk about first dates. I guess there's a reason we're told to enunciate carefully when working with English language learners.

As I was leaving school the cleaning lady stopped me. "Wasn't that your baby shower yesterday?" she asked. "You're hardly showing at all!"

P.S. A gigantic congratulations goes out to a good friend who just landed an AWESOME job. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to visit you there!

1 comment:

Pennythrower said...

You're so sweet! I can't wait for you and Paul to visit! And we won't be beaten wildly for not speaking Arabic this time! WHOOOOOOOOO! I love you. Call me when you get a chance!