Friday, November 30, 2007

We Have a Court Date!

Our court date (where the kids will legally be declared to be our kids) has been scheduled for December 17th! That's a lot sooner than I'd hoped for! Our coordinator said she still thought we wouldn't be able to travel until mid-February at the earliest if this court date goes through, but I'm really pleased that the court date has been scheduled for December. I thought for sure that we wouldn't get one until at least January.

In other news, we finished our second round of parent-teacher conferences today. Phew! That was exhausting.

I'm sorry if I've been sounding negative or whiny on here recently. I'm going to try to focus more on the positive from now on.

7 comments:

AnneMarie said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Great news about the court date! Every little step counts!

lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! Yay!!!!

chou-chou said...

Great news!! So by Christmas it will all be official. What a great holiday gift!

Ruthann said...

Your Mom was kind enough to share your blog with me. It is a gift to share your feelings and their pics as you endure the waiting that I know will culminate in great joy when Atticus and Norah get home. I'm not surprised that it is getting harder to wait for them. And, you will be a great Mom!

Love,
Ruthann

Anonymous said...

We are all so happy for you...of course your mom called me with the good news before i read your blog...it must be so hard waiting for your children, i dont think most of us can even imagine what you are going thru....love leslie

Ed said...

Congratulations on finally getting a court date...what a nice Christmas present. Don't worry about your parenting skills they will kick in automatically and you both will do just great. Maybe Stella is just trying to learn to wash the kids socks for you, nothing like freshly dog spit washed socks and slippers.