Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey-Related Injuries

I managed to bruise both of my pinkies lifting up our turkey this morning. The metal edges of the baking pan dug into them as I was transporting it. I kept thinking about the fact that the 18 pound turkey is just about the same size as Atticus. I'll have to remember not to carry him in a roasting pan.

One of my students had a visit yesterday from her baby sister who was born the week after Norah. She was so tiny! I'm getting really antsy to have them home. The visiting baby had about 4 inches of beautiful hair. A lot of Latino babies are born with a full head of hair, and so my students were expressing dismay that Norah is completely bald in her picture. They were worried something was wrong with her. I told them lots of babies are bald and pointed to the picture of myself as an infant that's on our bulletin board (I have baby pictures of all my students on our board - it goes a long way towards helping me to treat them nicely when they're not acting like the Children of God that I try to remember them as). Anyway, one of my students looked at the picture of me as an infant and said, completely seriously, "Oh, maybe that's why your daughter is bald. She must get it from you."

2 comments:

Pennythrower said...

OMG, that comment of your student's is absolutely precious. I hope you totally nodded in agreement.

Ed said...

Like they say = "just like your mother" guess your kids will take after you....