Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Is Why It Took All Day to Rake

Stella and my parents' dog Kramer helped us rake the yard this weekend. It turns out that with a little training Stella might be capable of being a cadaver-finding dog or something similar. She managed to find every disgusting thing that's been buried in our yard over the past two years. Dirty diapers don't scare me anymore after prying a half dozen decaying rodents out of her mouth. Seriously gross.
...
Paul and I also ventured to Babies R' Us - that place is really overwhelming. I have enough of a fear of accumulating too much stuff that I'm tempted to scrap the whole baby-gear thing. How much crap can two little babies need? Still, it's really nice to be in the position of needing (well, not needing) cribs and onesies and all the accoutrements that Babies R' Us claims we must have. I am very, very thankful for that.
...
I wish I could post the pictures I took of my students on our field trip Friday. We went to the big university and then the historical society. I think they enjoyed the entire thing, but their favorite part by far was when I turned them loose in the historical society's big garden. I didn't think they would be impressed but I'd underestimated the power of huge piles of leaves. It was total and completely joyful mayhem. The student I was concerned about last week had still not returned home as of Friday afternoon. The case hit the papers and news on Friday, so I feel more comfortable posting about it. She has called some of her friends, so right now she's in a better than worst case situation. Still, I'm hoping there will be good news when I get to work in the morning.
...
There's a rumor on the street/in our bedroom that my dear husband may soon be launching his own blog detailing his version of our life. It may contain more Douglas Adams references than I make. I'll keep you posted.
...
P.S. The formatting of this thing is driving me nuts. I need to remember to figure it out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Not to sound too full of myself, but do I really take second billing to some dogs in leaves? To some dead rodents in said dogs' mouths?

I get a PPS and my dog - who ate actual feces today and left blood on the couch- gets 70 words.

Pennythrower said...

Well, Paul, you do sound full of yourself.

Ed said...

Poor Paul...replaced by a few dead rodents and two dogs.