Sunday, November 4, 2007

Live from New York

I'm away from home visiting my grandparents this weekend. I'd forgotten how early it gets dark on this side of the country. When we finished our supper at Old Country Buffet last night it was only 5 pm, but already it was completely black outside. When I was at Middlebury this used to hit me hard every year. By December it would get dark by 4:15 and I would be ready to go to sleep for the night. We don't get much more daylight in the Midwest, but it's enough that it makes a difference. Score one for team Indiana.

I think we're all going to Bingo tonight - wish me luck!

3 comments:

shell said...

thanks for leaving a comment-cant wait to hear of a referral for you! let me know if you have any local questions-good ped, other ethio families, etc!

The Breedlove family said...

Hi! I just found your blog. We too live in Indiana (Southern Indiana though). We are also waiting for a referral. The Halloween pictures were funny by the way!
Amy
www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com

leslie said...

i am enjoying reading about you and paul...love the halloween costumes...hope you and your father had a good trip with your grandparents and hope you won at bingo..