Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Some Days Being a Teacher Is Nice

Today was a good day at school. I caught two boys who don't like to read with our class novels tucked behind the other work they were supposed to be doing - they couldn't put them down. I love that they're enjoying Tangerine by Edward Bloor and The Giver by Lois Lowry so much.

Another of my kids, a boy who generally struggles to pass his classes, got a 20/20 on our vocabulary test today. That's never happened for him before. He was so excited when he turned it in; he knew he'd done well and he couldn't wait for me to grade it. When the A++ and the sticker, and the EXCELLENT! stamp were all in place I gave it to him to go hang in the hall and he was glowing.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's so nice to see your excitement. It's great when teachers can be as happy for a kid as their own parent can be! That's really wonderful.